Brooker Travel is totally committed to delivering top level. We not only listen and understand; we offer tailored solutions and deliver impressive results. We are dedicated to making sure you get maximum value for your budget.
We have achieved success to date through our people and genuine teamwork and we are now taking that to a new level. Training, empowerment and recognition are key ingredients that will continue. The success of Brooker Travel’s strategic achievement has its foundation in a group of people who wish to be there and believe in the service we deliver. In support of our highly experienced consulting teams we have an executive team with unparalleled travel industry and airline experience who collectively provide an in-depth knowledge and understanding of suppliers, resulting in unprecedented negotiation skills.
Local Solutions – National Strength
We are committed to providing innovative solutions for Travel Management. It is important to point out that unlike our major competitors, Brooker Travel has a history of delivering local solutions, partnering to provide seamless single service solutions, whilst leveraging off the benefits of our industry associations.
Background: Brooker United Travel
Founded in 1985 and sited on the edge of the world-renowned University of Otago campus, Brooker Travel originally specialised in managing the travel requirements of the University’s Academic and Management staff. Expansion of the company in 1989 meant restructuring and Andrew and Karen Carmody becoming Directors. With this came a broadening of the customer base and Brooker Travel has expanded to specialise in corporate travel. This has resulted in supplying a diverse range of travel services to the film, maritime, engineering and medical industries to complement existing academic services.
In 1996 Brooker Travel further strengthened when new Director David Smith joined the company. This resulted in a shift to our current premises and the commencement of a serious commitment to technology. By late 1999 this had further strengthened the company making it among the top 30 travel agencies in New Zealand.
2001 saw the introduction of a full foreign exchange bureau operated by international foreign exchange company Travelex and the opening of a suburban branch in Mosgiel. Followed closely in 2003 we oversaw the expansion of the business into the North Island with the purchase of Exclusive
United Travel situated in the Wellington CBD
The company’s core business continues to develop offering a full range of travel services with an emphasis on tailoring travel to individual needs for business, conference, academic and leisure markets.
In 2009 we opened a small office in Arrowtown, Central Otago, operated by a sole Manager with experience in all areas of travel consultancy.
Brooker Travel will provide a one-stop travel shop for all leisure and corporate travellers requirements. As an overview here are some of the services we provide:
In addition to the dedicated resource, and support provided by our staff in each respective centre, all staff will have access to our 24/7/365 service.
Our After-Hours service is manned by dedicated, highly skilled and experienced International Travel Consultants, who can action all requests immediately using remote access to our reservations system. This includes full access to the GDS including negotiated fare arrangement.
- 24/7/365 after hours emergency service which is operated by dedicated, experienced travel consultants
- Central point for all reservations in each centre
- Team of experienced dedicated consultants to cover business, leisure and group requirements
- Direct email access to your dedicated consultants
- VIP services
- Electronic documentation including confirmations, itineraries, tickets and invoicing
- Domestic and International travel advice
- Experienced and dedicated ‘relationship/account management’
- Management Information Reports
- Flight, accommodation and rental car reservations – worldwide
- Many types of tours, sightseeing and entertainment
- Ferry, train & coach reservations and ticketing
- Airport transfers
- Car storage at airport
- Pre-seat passengers
- VIP Servicing
- Special requests i.e. meals, seating
- Travel insurance – where not sourced internally
- Service frequent flyer programme, ensuring maximum benefits
- The latest available travel brochures
- Fare quotes with the ‘best’ deals for proposed itineraries
- Travel cost estimates for budgeting purposes Detailed Itineraries
- Conferences, Incentive Travel and Retreats
- Foreign currency including a Travelex FX Bureau
- Product knowledge and experience
- Climate information
- Safety & political stability advice
- Passport and visa advice and processing
- Worldwide Embassy & Consulate information
- Advice on Customs regulations
- Process passport and visa applications